Frequently Asked Questions and Answers about 2019-nCoV
1. Q: Is it safe to receive a letter or a package from China
A: The World Health Organization (WHO) confirmed via Twitter on February 1 that “people receiving packages from China are not at risk of contracting 2019-nCoV” and have drawn from their analyses that the “coronaviruses do not survive long on objects, such as letters or packages”. The United States Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) has also stated that “there is no evidence to support the transmission of 2019-nCoV associated with imported goods.”
There have not been any cases that indicate packages or their contents carry such risks. Authorities are taking strict measures on this public health event, and we are also paying close attention to the situation and will cooperate with relevant authorities when possible
2. Q：Will logistics be affected by the coronavirus 2019-nCoV?
A: The main event causing logistics delays right now is the annual Chinese Lun
ar New Year holiday. Chinese authorities recently announced that the holiday would be extended till Feb 10-20 somewhere. All logistics arrangements should resume gradually after the holiday in most locations. However, delays are expected to continue in Wuhan, Hubei Province. Authorities are taking strict measures on this public health event, and we are also paying close attention to the situation. You will be informed immediately if we receive any updates crucial to your order. In addition，we will cooperate with relevant authorities to expedite logistics arrangement when possible
3. Q: Should I cancel orders from China due to a safety concern about the coronavirus 2019-nCoV?
A: According to the World Health Organization (WHO), “people receiving packa
ges from China are NOT at risk of contracting 2019nCoV”. It is also from their previous analyses that they “know coronaviruses do not survive long on objects, such as letters or packages.” As there have not been any cases that indicate packages or their contents carry such risks, there is no need to cancel an order due to a 2019-nCoV-related concern. Meanwhile, we are working closely with different forwarder agancy to ensure smooth deliveries for the orders.
- 新华社：《World leaders speak highly of, support China’s anti-epidemic efforts》
- 新华社：《Commentary: PHEIC, not panic》
- 新华社：《Leaders of int’l organizations positively evaluate, support China’s fight against virus outbreak》
- 人民网：《China sets new global standard in epidemic control, says former WHO chief》
- 美国疾病预防控制中心(CDC)：《Frequently Asked Questions and Answers about 2019-nCoV and Animals》